Wednesday, October 20, 2010

China: Hangzhou to Beijing

During my last afternoon in Hangzhou, we got to visit my favorite restaurant again - Shou Kang Yong, the one and only vegetarian restaurant in Hangzhou. Yes, I did actually get to eat there after wanting to during my whole stay in Hangzhou! Sadly, not until my last week there.

The first time Elise, Will and I went, we were amazed by the food. We all loved it, and it was scary similar to meat dishes. The restaurant is run by Buddhists though, so there is no meat, eggs or alcohol - plus, it said that all their produced was organic!

I took a picture of the spread after we devoured most of it - I was excited because I could eat EVERYTHING!


This flower is actually a carrot!

It got devoured too

So anyways, on our last afternoon in Hangzhou, Will, Elise and I went there again with the company of Ben, Tou, Able, Wang Kai and Fang Kai.  We were once again amazed with their delicious food.




After lunch, we headed back to our dorm to gather our things and check out.  I took some quick pictures of the campus while leaving because I realized I hadn't during my whole stay!

Fruit stand - yum!


The dorm I lived in while in Hangzhou


Elise, Ben and I were all going to Beijing, so we took a taxi together to the train station.  It was the night train so we had a compartment that we shared with a high school aged boy.  He spoke pretty good English and we all played cards until we all decided to go to sleep to the rumble of the train.

We woke up in the morning, looking pretty:




And KAZAM! We were in Beijing.  I must say, I'm a big fan of traveling by train.  It's relaxing and more comfortable than planes, cars or buses!

No comments:

Post a Comment