Monday, February 15, 2010

Sock Kittens

Over winter break, my mom had the plan to make sock monkey type animals.  We got the idea when we went to an arts and craft fair (Art Vs. Craft) - someone there had these awesome sock creatures.  If i remember right, they were beaded and embroidered really neat, some of them might have been painted too.  I REALLY wish i had written the artists name down!  If you have a chance to go to Art Vs. Craft - do it! It was really fun.


Anyways - on to my own creations.  I first made this guy - my little brother named him Einstein because he thought he looked like a mad scientist:
After making the first one, my mom and i had the idea of trying to make them out of baby socks, to have cute little ones!  So i did that too - this picture is before i had time to finish them - and i just had to wear my cat hat for the picture (obviously):
I also made one, which i gave to my niece.  She named him Pashmina.  Here is the whole family of sock cats i made (Pashmina is the big pink one, he's kinda lumpy - oops).  I also made tutus for two of them:


They are really easy to make too - just look for sock monkey instructions, change the ears, and sew on some whiskers! 

1 comment:

  1. HEY! I didn't know you had a blog - though I am not a bit surprized! What fun it is and I like your posts - keep it up - and everything else - eeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete